Junior Investment Consultant
As Junior Investment Consultant you are part of our Netherlands based Investment Practice. Jointly with more experienced consultants you are working on client assignments. Initially you will work with consultants working on various projects, both consulting and solutions oriented work. Our consulting work is focused on Investment Strategy, Portfolio Structuring & Implementation and Structured Solutions. You are expected to develop yourself as an allround Investment Consultant.
As we are providing consulting services and WTW solutions to professional clients, an important part of your career with us will be your continuous professional development through training. You are expected to enroll in and successfully complete the CFA program and comply with ESMA guidelines for professional credentials.
Your role comprises of assisting with:
- Asset Liability Management (ALM)-studies for institutional investors such as pension funds, insurance companies and endowments;
- Our ALM and risk modelling programs, including tailor-made solutions, keeping our programs up-to-date and development.
- Feasibility studies and required buffer (vereist eigen vermogen) calculations for pension fund clients
- Risk budgeting for pension fund clients
- Advising clients on their investment principles, investment beliefs and investment policy statement
- Portfolio construction, implementation and monitoring
- Risk- & Investment management related consulting assignments
- Structured assignments related to risk management in casu overlays management for duration-, currency and inflation risk.
- Publication of relevant research
- Performance reporting
- Drawing up reports for the Dutch Central Bank
- Sales of WTW Investment Management solutions
- Roll-out of Delegated Solutions
- Advising clients on defined contribution schemes among which performing of lifecycle analysis’
- Relationship management of WTW clients and maintenance of internal relationships between various Lines of Business in The Netherlands and with Investment colleagues globally.
- Gain familiarity with our tools and models in order to be able to assist with ALM-studies, Feasibility Studies and VEV-calculations
- Take responsibility for product championship assigned and develop and maintain expertise in this area, as well as train colleagues
- Actively participate in the implementation of the global strategy for Investment
- Work together with colleagues in other LoBs (predominantly Retirement) and in other geographies (our UK head offices)
- Meet the annual billable hour objective as set in your performance objectives
- Pass levels 1, 2 and 3 of the CFA program (within a pre-agreed and reasonable timeframe) and be compliant with ESMA guidelines for professional credentials, including annual mandatory continuous professional development
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and control requirements, internal and external
Investment is a $230 million business with over 900 colleagues worldwide.
Aim: Changing Investment for the better
The Investment team aims to create sustainable competitive advantage for clients in their investment portfolios. This advantage is achieved through finding the best return opportunities, using the best risk management technology and achieving scale advantages. This advantage is delivered to clients by:
- Providing expert advice on their investments and decision-making processes
- Making investment decisions on their behalf through delegated investment services
- Providing investment tools
- A combination of the above
You should feel at home in a professional, multinational NASDAQ exchange listed corporation. You are capable of connecting with different people and across businesses and geographies. You are capable of working under pressure, prioritizing the workflow for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Relevant academic background: econometrics, finance, mathematics or equivalent quantitatively oriented academic credential. You can demonstrate strong affinity with Finance & Investment.
- Can work autonomously within boundaries of the role, self-starting, pragmatic and supportive.
- You assume responsibility for your role, organize your work well, work accurately and keep a keen eye on the quality of the work.
- You are positively minded, proactive and have a can-do mentality.
- Representative and good interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with stress and being flexible to cope with peaks in work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both Dutch and English, including the ability to translate complex technical information into clear, audience-appropriate message
- Excellent MS Office suite skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint), comfortable with Windows environment and Client Information Systems as well as programming code
Amstelveen or Rotterdam
Please apply online with your CV and motivational letter. For further information please contact: The Talent and Acquisition team at +31 (0)88 543 3000.
An assessment is part of the application process.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.