Are you quick and accurate when dealing with large amounts of data? Are you up for the challenge of being part of a fast-paced trading environment? Do you want to join an international organization at the cutting edge of the energy revolution?
Priogen is an innovative Energy Trading and Portfolio Optimization company, based in Amsterdam. Our focus is on utilizing in-depth fundamental analysis to forecast the impact of renewable energy output on the power and gas markets. We have been growing rapidly in the European Electricity and Gas markets on the back of the energy transition.
We currently have a vacant part-time Data Specialist position available in our Data Management team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the integrity and transparency of the data that forms the foundation of our trading forecast. You will be required to process crucial data on energy flows, consumptions, prices, capacity and production rates. This role will require you to utilize your programming skills to automate and further develop our business processes.
What you will do:
- Gather, clean and process raw data into standardized formats and data types suitable for analysis - which includes writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, writing SQL queries, etc.
- Perform quality checks on individual data sources (which include both raw data and data stored in our database), identify and correct issues.
- Build tools/viewers to provide the front office simplified access to prepared data sets.
- Identify new data sources for the required information.
- Serve as a liaison between the trading desk and the back office, and assist in the day-to-day trading related operational tasks.
- Come up with creative ways to automate operational tasks.
- Effectively collaborate with different departments.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s student in a scientific or economic field
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Good programming skills, familiar with SQL databases and VBA
- Knowledge of Python and JAVA is an asset
- Fluent in English
- Disciplined, accurate and precise
- Keen sense of prioritization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on multitasker
- Team player
- Available between 16h and 40h per week, potentially including weekends
- Bonus points if you can effectively communicate solely through GIFs and reaction emojis
What's in it for you?
- A true career! We hire to retain and want you to grow and become a superstar at Priogen.
- Colleagues who care! We have a very energetic and collaborative team.
- Interesting and challenging work! We offer roles with broad responsibilities, high autonomy and diverse tasks.
- Performance coaching and training aimed at strong personal development and career growth.
- Excellent benefits! Pension plan, commuting allowance, fitness discount, fresh fruit, juice and soda daily, social events, and more.
Does this sound like you? Then we look forward to receiving your application! Apply now: https://grnh.se/65d28b4c2