Data Scientist - Media Strategy
Passionate about data analytics and econometric modeling? Join our team!
You work in (small) teams on challenging modeling projects using a great variety of exciting analytical skills and tools. Our clients are big well-known companies from around the whole world operating in a great variety of markets. You help them understand the effect of their marketing effort, and what they can do to improve this. In addition, you are equipped with knowledge and expertise in the field of quantitative techniques, such as econometric modeling, simulation, and machine learning.
You will apply your developed methods and models to different challenges in the field of media & marketing, such as the allocation of advertising budgets or campaign effectiveness analysis. As a Data Scientist at Pointlogic, you are also involved in the consulting side of the business, so you are also able to communicate solutions and actionable results in a way that is simple and understandable to non-experts.
You comprehend complex problems quickly, are creative in finding solutions and you are results-oriented. You are part of a diverse team that consists of people with similar backgrounds, experts from the concerning work field and professional IT-staff. As part of Nielsen, you will be able to work with major clients from all around the globe and have access to huge amounts of data.
- Master degree with an emphasis on analytics & statistics such as Econometrics, (Technical/Applied) Mathematics or a related study;
- 0-5 years of experience*;
- Excellent understanding of statistics and econometric modeling;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with a keen eye for detail;
- Strong technical skills, coding experience, preferably R or Python;
- Knowledge of probabilistic programming or Bayesian modeling techniques is a plus;
- Interested in quantitative marketing;
- Good understanding of the English language, both verbally and in writing.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- Flexibility in working hours and location;
- Exciting development projects and clients;
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere;
- Time for socializing and fun;
- 25 days of paid leave;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses;
- Daily fruit snacks.
*we are always interested in people with more experience, so if you have the right profile, we can figure something out.