Data Science Thesis Internship (Health Care)
At Pacmed we build decision support tools for doctors, based on the analysis of vast volumes of medical data. Using Machine Learning, this software presents doctors the expected outcomes of different treatments, based on the results of the treatment of similar patients in practice. Pacmed resulted from the Dutch National ThinkTank 2014 on Big Data for societal benefits and is now a fast-growing AI start-up that won multiple awards and, more importantly, has a lot of traction in Dutch health care. Many General Practitioners are using our software and we are developing machine learning algorithms in Oncology, Cardiology, Psychiatry and at the Intensive Care Unit. Pacmed’s team consists of machine learning and medical experts working together from our office in the amazing FreedomLab campus at the Plantage Middenlaan in Amsterdam
As an intern, you will either further advance one of our existing algorithms, develop an algorithm in a new medical field or research the applicability of a new Machine Learning field in healthcare. Possible thesis subjects include:
- Bayesian Deep Learning
- Explainable AI
- Natural Language Processing
- Causal Inference (Individual Treatment Effect Estimation)
- Advanced Signal Processing.
We are also open to discussing other topics with you!
We are looking for:
- Students in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Econometrics or Applied Mathematics
- With a passion for Data Science and Machine Learning and some programming experience, preferably in Python
- That are driven by a societal purpose and excited about improving health care
- And are enthusiastic about writing their thesis in a dynamic start-up environment
Please visit https://medium.com/@Pacmedhealth for concrete examples of projects you could be doing at Pacmed.