ORTEC’s Consulting Traineeship
For this year and beyond, our Consulting division has incredibly ambitious plans to further improve the world [of our customers] using mathematics, data science and advanced analytics. To realize those plans, we need you as a Consulting Trainee! Being part of our Trainee pool means that you will be part of a mathematical playground, outperforming in the field of Operations Research and Analytics, where smart minds grow into multi-talents.
Who we are
At ORTEC we know how to create value out of data using a proven approach and the latest tools and technologies. Since 1981 we improve business decisions by leveraging data and providing decision support models for many industry leading companies. No big studies and reports, but tangible, scalable and sustainable results. Our people are data-driven at heart and are eager to turn their broad expertise into concrete value. Making an impact by leveraging value out of the data is what makes ORTEC the go-to-company.
Having delivered state-of-the-art data-oriented solutions, products and tools for more than 37 years, we know how to deliver impact and business value with scalable data science together with our clients. We are experienced in areas such as: Predictive maintenance and asset management, Operations and Supply Chain Analytics, HR & Customer Analytics in markets like Retail, Energy, Transport, Post and Parcel, Finance and Insurance, Travel and Leisure. This has led to valued strategic partnerships with parties such as FedEx / TNT, AirFrance-KLM, Dutch Railways, Coca-Cola, Brussels Airport and Walmart.
You as a trainee
During the traineeship, you will be given responsibility early on. You will get the opportunity to acquire more knowledge, to develop your passions, and to find out what kind of projects and industries suit your ambitions. The best thing about this is that you are in charge: you decide which area you want to advance in.
In the first two years of your ORTEC career, you will meet and support customers in various industries by using a wide variety of tools and techniques. You will gain experience in many aspects of acquisition, problem definition, developing approaches, analytics, modelling, programming, testing, delivery and implementation processes.
Our hands-on training will give you the skills required for the various roles you will play. In terms of building your soft-skills, we also provide courses to improve your communication skills, to teach you how to work on projects more efficiently, to improve your time management, and to enlarge your commercial skills.
Join the team
Our trainee pool consists of 30 young professionals. You are coached on the job and supported to develop yourself by experienced consultants.
At ORTEC you will work with highly motivated colleagues with a passion for mathematics. We operate in a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, collaborative, and fun.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Econometrics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Technical Informatics or a related subject
- You are a young professional (0 - 2 years working experience)
- Strong communicator, a self-starter and motivated by the clients’ vision, contact and interaction
- Able to work in a team and at the location of the client
- Experience in modeling and programming
- Knowledge of R, Python, AIMMS, databases and/or Excel is an advantage
- Ambitious and quick problem-solver
- Able to fluently communicate in English (verbally and in writing)
What you get
- Entrance to the most passionate powerhouse in applied mathematics
- Join our movement and improve the world
- We believe in commitment: your permanent contract will be waiting for you
- Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture
- NS Business Card 100%, NS Business Card, lease opportunity or commuting allowance: it’s your choice
- Mobility allowance of 3% of your base salary
- 25 annual leave days, additional days from the age of 35
- Result related remuneration
- Year-end bonus equal to a full month’s pay
- Development tailored to your needs, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars
- Active employee association for fun activities with colleagues and content driven Young ORTEC for you to join
- Football table, our own bar the “ORtap”, Christmas party, annual barbecue at one of our founders’ home, and much more
How to apply
Are we a perfect match? Let’s find out at one of our monthly “Meet & Match” days: our entire recruitment process in 1 day. It’s a day full of learning, new experiences, getting to know us, job interviews, and solving a case study. If you are a matching candidate, you will be offered a permanent contract at the end of the day. When would be your first working day? Do you rather finish your thesis first, do you want to enjoy a well-deserved vacation, or can’t you wait to start right away the next month? It’s up to you!
Are you our future Trainee? The next “Meet & Match” days 2019 are: 24th of January, 8th of March, 12th of April, 10th of May, 14th of June. Apply by sending your (1) CV, (2) motivation letter, (3) grade list and (4) preferred Meet & Match date to email@example.com. Deadline for applying is 2 weeks before the actual Meet & Match day. We will let you know whether you have been selected for the Meet & Match day 5 working days in advance. You can e-mail Gordon Boon (Recruiter) at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Visit our website www.ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients’ experiences.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.