Junior Data Scientist
Erasmus Q-Intelligence [EQI]i is a young, university-owned scientific consulting firm that helps its clients make better decisions based on ‘quantitative intelligence’. We are experts in machine learning, data science and predictive/prescriptive analytics. EQI is connected to the Econometric Institute of the Erasmus School of Economics. In close collaboration with the members of the institute we offer top- tier consulting services and professional education in advanced analytics.
We are looking for a junior data scientist. Are you interested in a career at the interface of academia and business? Would you like to make an impact by applying state-of-the-art data science techniques to help solve actual problems? As a junior data scientist at Erasmus Q-Intelligence you will take part in real life research projects and consulting activities. In particular, you will be involved in the development and support of our advanced forecasting solutions for organizations such as Van Gogh Museum, Gazelle and APG. In addition, you will participate in organizing and teaching in our post- graduate data science programs, such as the Data & Business Analytics program.
What we expect you to do
- Take part in quantitative consulting projects
- Brainstorm about solutions with colleagues, clients and scientists at the Econometric Institute
- Develop and support analytical models and software
- Assist in our post-graduate data science programs
What we are looking for
- A curious, independent and ambitious data wizard who isn’t shy of engaging clients
- MSc/PhD in Econometrics / Statistics / Operations Research / Artificial Intelligence or a similar field
- Good programming skills, preferably in R
- Good communication and writing skills
What we offer
- A market rate salary
- A unique, stimulating and pleasant working environment at the interface of academia and business
- Early on responsibility and the ability to take charge on your own projects
- A team of fun colleagues
- Ample opportunities to learn on the job and through education and training
Would you like to join our team at the forefront of data science and machine learning? If so, please send your resume and application letter to email@example.com. Please include the vacancy’s name in the email subject. If you would like to know more about EQI or about this position, please contact Kristiaan Glorie (program manager) by phone at (+31) 010-4081845.