Junior valuation actuary
Do you want to start your finance career in a fast growing environment? Then join our actuarial team at Blue Square Re (BSR) within the Aegon global head office in The Hague!
As a junior valuation actuary, you support the Head of Valuation & Capital in meeting the overall team goal in delivering quality financial, actuarial, risk and capital reporting in a timely, accurate and complete manner. Together with the team, you have direct ownership of all tools and processes, including controls and governance around the entire process flow, up until the management and financial information to help steer BSR strategy and risk profile.
As a junior valuation actuary, you develop, maintain, and improve models and tools used for valuation, capital and ALM activities. Also, you will document the actuarial analysis of in-force block including actuarial methodologies, experience analysis, key results, and attribution analysis and Support ALM, risk management, and capital initiatives of BSR.
As a junior valuation actuary, you will report to the Blue Square Re Head of Valuation & Capital.
As a junior valuation actuary, you are expected to have excellent communication and organizational skills. Furthermore, you should have an assertive and adaptive attitude in changing environments, be process oriented and pay attention to detail.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- University degree in econometrics/mathematics/actuarial studies; preference towards candidate who has an actuarial credential or is working towards an actuarial credential
- 0-2 years work experience in an international financial environment
- Fluency in English (both written and oral)
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets. Programming and database skills are highly desired
What we offer
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A competitive salary based on a 40 hour working week
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 26 vacation days
- A commuting allowance
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products
Are you interested in joining our actuarial team at Blue Square Re (BSR) at Corporate Center in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. We suggest to upload your resume and motivational letter as an attachment on the second page of our application form.
For more information about the role, you can contact Paul Visser (Talent Acquisition Manager) at +31 (0)6 10756612 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Ing Tai Ching (Head of actuarial valuation and Capital) at +31 (70) 3445335.