ING is looking for Credit Risk Modellers to develop Wholesale Banking models. The Credit Risk Model Development Team is an energetic international team of highly qualified professionals. The team is responsible for the development and monitoring of all regulatory and non-regulatory credit risk models for our private and business customers throughout ING. These models are core to the success of ING and are applied to determine the exposure measurement, capital adequacy and the management thereof. The Credit Risk Model Development Team is part of Financial Risk Model Development.
Does it sound interesting? Please read on!
What you'll do
- You will play a crucial role in the development and maintenance of models for measuring and managing Credit and Trading risk in the Wholesale Bank, as well as steering and advising the front office colleagues when taking credit risk decisions.
- You will cover both the regulatory models, used for IRB approach based modelling, as well as the models used for internal capital calculations, IFRS9 based modelling.
- You will take responsibility for developing and calibrating credit risk models by applying ING’s modelling standards.
- The models that you develop will cover all products and geographical regions in the ING Bank portfolio.
- You will ensure that the models are approved both by the internal Model Validation unit as well as towards the ECB.
- In addition to the modelling activities, you will also be responsible for further improving the measurement and monitoring of existing models.
- The position also offers excellent opportunities to broaden your model development skills in Financial Markets and Market Risk.
How to succeed
- You have an academic degree (MSc or PhD), preferably in econometrics, economics, statistics, or mathematics
- You have extensive knowledge of Basel and IFRS 9 models
- You have extensive knowledge of and experience in developing expert-based or statistical Credit Risk models for Wholesale Banking portfolios
- You have extensive experience in using data modelling software/ or coding (C++, Java, Python, R, SAS)
- You have experience in being a sparring partner/advisor to Senior Management
- You have strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and execution skills
- You have independent, creative and pro-active mind-set
- You have the ability to challenge the status quo and great team player skills
- You are fluent in English
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.;
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home;
- Reimbursement for travel expenses;
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days;
- Pension scheme;
- 13th month salary;
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary;
- 8% Holiday payment;
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions;
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best.
Questions about this opportunity?
Feel free to contact Kinga Marcela, Recruiter. E-mail:
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.