At a glance
You have a natural feel for numbers, are commercially driven, and interested in advising large corporates and institutions on their capital structure and structuring complex debt financings for them. You are data- and strategy-driven, want to contribute to the sustainability shift and you embrace change. Is this you? Sounds like the Structured Finance Internship is the perfect match for you.
Within Structured Finance & Portfolio Management (SF&PM), you’ll work at the cutting edge of high-end debt financing transactions for financial institutions and large corporates. Our highly skilled professionals deploy their expertise through dedicated teams in the Netherlands, Europe, North and South America and Asia.
As an intern you will work for four months in the challenging surroundings of Structured Finance. During your internship you will have a hands-on role in: Project Finance; one of the Lending teams, specialising in Corporates, Financial Institutions and/or Energy & Transportation clients; Loan Markets, focused on origination & structuring of syndicated loans; or Central Portfolio Management, the active steering consultant for ABN AMRO’s Corporate & Institutional Bank. Depending on the team you join, you will assist with presentations, financial modelling, interpreting market data, analysis of a company’s financial figures and business profile and internal portfolio analyses. You will learn to give advice on capital funding solutions to our clients, learn how to structure their financing and how to establish optimal terms & conditions for it. In addition, you will participate in client calls and internal meetings, working closely together with other departments within the bank such as M&A, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, Sector Coverage and Risk. You will acquire in-depth knowledge of products and be able to widen your general knowledge of the corporate and investment banking activities within ABN AMRO.
You consider yourself a top scholar at university and show strong capabilities, both analytically and commercially. You have a professional work attitude, enjoy working in a team and are able to deal with multiple tasks within tight deadlines. If you are in the final phase of your academic career and are looking for a challenging internship in an internationally-oriented environment that extends your understanding of investment banking and debt-related products, this internship will match your needs.
Candidates for the internship need to fulfil the following requirements;
- University education (preferably Master students) with excellent grades;
- A natural feeling for finance and strong affinity with investment banking. A finance or economics master is however not a prerequisite and we welcome students with different backgrounds, e.g. in econometrics, engineering, physics, mathematics or social sciences;
- Minimum availability as an intern of four months, from January 1st, 2021 onwards;
- A strong link to the Netherlands;
- Extracurricular experience and/or experience abroad;
- No more than one year of work experience;
- Strong communication skills in English, in writing and speaking;
- Curious, excelling in a dynamic and changing work environment;
- Able to analyse the details and at the same time see the bigger picture;
- Entrepreneurial and accountable mind-set, taking ownership of your work;
- Natural team player embracing diversity with a willingness to work hard to get the job done.
Would you like to apply for an internship within Structured Finance? The current possible starting date is January 1st, 2021. The duration of the internship is flexible, with a minimum of four months.
If you are interested in this internship, please apply using the link below with a cover letter (explaining your motivation in detail for ABN AMRO and Structured Finance specifically), resume and grade list.
Do you have any further questions, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.