As a (Senior) Data Engineer at Pacmed you will make sure that Machine Learning models add value to everyday life in Hospitals and General Practices. You will provide the Data Science team with the proper environment to develop models by (for example) building a Data Lake, setting up (scheduled) ETL pipelines and setting up a Data Warehouse. For models that are ready to be used in production, you will take care of developing the backend of the software and the implementation of the software in different kinds of environments. Pacmed aims to work with health care institutions all over Europe to collect and combine the data and implement decision support software. You will join a team that already has implemented a CE-certified software product on the ICU, has presented at conferences like ICML and ECML, and works together with leading academic AI research groups.
Important aspects of the job include:
- Have a leading role in a technical team, guiding junior data engineers and/or data engineering interns.
- Contribute to Pacmed’s data platform by building data lakes, ETL pipelines and data warehouse solutions to streamline the development and training / testing of our Machine Learning models
- Build software that either runs in a cloud platform or on the clients private servers, depending on the wishes of the client
- Ensure that running models are properly monitored
- Ensure that data and predictions provided by running models are properly ingested back into our data-solutions
What do you get?
- A lot of opportunity for personal development (e.g. development Fridays, soft skills training, budget for online courses, visiting conferences).
- You get the opportunity to grow with the company into a role with many responsibilities (e.g. training and mentoring junior data scientists & engineers).
- You work together within a vibrant community of experienced data scientists & engineers and leading technical and medical academics.
- You work in an environment where we continuously ensure that our software is of production-level quality through Merge Requests, code review and unit- and integration testing.
- You work closely together in an enthusiastic and ambitious team, dedicated to make health care smarter and better.
- The opportunity to become part of Pacmed’s employee participation plan.
- A dynamic working environment where fun at work is very important.
- An office at the FreedomLab campus, including unlimited coffee & snacks, Friday drinks, ping-pong competitions and a great location in the heart of Amsterdam
- You fit in an inclusive and respectful working culture where everyone’s opinion is heard.
- You are a good team player, able to lead a small technical team.
- You create positive energy and care about the well-being and development of others in the company.
- You have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in a similar role
- You have experience with building Data Lakes, Data Warehouses and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) pipelines
- You have extensive programming experience in Python and thorough knowledge on object-oriented software design
- Experience with containerization and Docker
- You have basic knowledge of Machine Learning
- Programming experience with Scala or Java
- Experience with Docker Swarm / Kubernetes
- Understanding and speaking Dutch is preferred but not required
Pacmed's Tech Stack
- Airflow / Luigi
- Docker (Swarm)
You have to be eligible to work in the Netherlands (EU). We do not work with recruiters, so mails and calls from agencies are not appreciated.