As a data scientist at Pacmed you directly contribute to Pacmed's mission: making healthcare more personal and precise with advanced machine learning and statistics. Using patient data like medical files and device data from medical institutions, you build algorithms that predict the outcome of different treatments the doctor can choose from.
As Pacmed we have established ourselves in the ICU domain, having developed and implemented machine learning based software products, supporting intensivists in the treatment of ICU patients. We are now looking for an experienced Data Scientist to have a leading role in our technical team to extend our ICU portfolio and develop machine learning based products to improve patient care and processes in hospital care outside of the ICU.
Please visit https://pacmed.ai/en/projects and https://pacmed.ai/nl/media/blog for concrete examples of projects you could be doing at Pacmed.
In this role, you will:
- Have a leading role in a technical team, guiding junior data scientists and/or data science interns.
- Work with big data sets consisting of device data, electronic health records and Dutch free text and become an expert in AI in healthcare.
- Push our models to the next level, by applying state of the art machine learning algorithms. Besides the usual classifiers and regressors, think of deep learning (RNN, CNN, Reinforcement Learning), Bayesian methods, and advanced signal processing and causal inference methods
- Work closely with the Product Owner and UX Designer to deliver impactful results in projects with health care institutions
- Learn from real-world projects how machine learning can add value to patients in various medical areas
- Work closely together with our Data Engineers, making sure the machine learning pipeline is ready for production.
- While running in production, you maintain and improve the algorithm.
Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role is a hard requirement and you have to be eligible to work in the Netherlands (EU).
What do you get?
- You get the opportunity to grow with the company into a role with many responsibilities (e.g. training and mentoring junior data scientists).
- Many opportunities for personal development (e.g. development Fridays, soft skills trainings, budget for (online) courses).
- You work together within a community of experienced data scientists and leading technical and medical academics.
- You join a team that already has implemented a CE-certified software product on the ICU, has presented at conferences like ICML and ECML, and works together with leading academic AI research groups.
- You work closely together in an enthusiastic and ambitious team, dedicated to make health care smarter and better.
- Opportunities for taking part in the Pacmed Employee Participation Plan (shares).
- A dynamic working environment where fun at work is very important.
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a Data Scientist
- You hold a Master's in Econometrics, AI, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or a comparable study.
- You are fluent in (object-oriented) programming with Python and Machine learning libraries (e.g. sklearn, keras)
- You have experience in building scalable data processing pipelines and in handling big datasets effectively
- You are driven by a societal purpose and excited about improving health care.
- You are enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed to improving yourself and learning new things.
- You fit in an inclusive and respectful working culture where everyone’s opinion is heard.
- You are a good team player, able to lead a small technical team.
- You create positive energy and care about the well-being and development of others in the company.
- Experience in or affiliation with health care.
- Experience with software engineering and tools like Luigi, Docker, AirFlow and Open Faas