Are you passionate about IT such as Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Management and other innovations? Would you like to identify and further develop your potential? We are looking for talents in roles like Product Owner, (Lead) Developers, System Architects, Security Specialists and many other roles.
At Aegon, we have a special IT Development Program for Young Professionals. This program will boost your expertise, skills and support your choice in your future career!
IT Development Program
We promise you that as a young professional you will grow into a new challenging project every 6 months for one and a half year long. In addition to on the job coaching, you will get many opportunities for personal development. What’s the program about:
- Three different projects of 6 months to explore your talents and ambition. Your first assignment will be set up by Aegon in an agile team matching your interests as discussed in the interviews. For the second and third project we give you the opportunity to look for a project that fits your talent and ambition in the business.
- The projects will take place at our office in The Hague or Leeuwarden. You will also have the opportunity to do your projects at one of our start-ups such as Knab or at one of our branches abroad (for example in Brazil, Singapore, Spain or America).
- A pre-defined soft skills program.
- A fixed budget for your individual needs of technical skills and certifications.
- Coaching and guidance.
- After completing this Development Program, you can make a thorough choice in which direction within Aegon you want to go.
About the department
The IT department has ambitious goals. The speed of innovation within Aegon IT is unprecedented and IT is the beating heart of Aegon. We do everything in-house: from IT-supported customer interaction to automatically correct routing of emails based on AI and processing administrative mutations with Robots. We do this with leading IT partners. Within the traineeship you will recognize many of these innovations and you even have the possibility to help develope them. You will work in a team of enthusiastic colleagues who often have a similar background as you, which creates the perfect environment to further improve your knowledge, skills and team interaction.
At the moment various interesting project for young professionals at Aegon are ongoing and are part of the program:
- Implementation Lead: Do you like to get things done? Help the team order their product backlog and decide what course of action needs to be taken. Be the lead in organizing the DevOps teams, roles and responsibilities. This will require you to build, design and realize backlog items while also taking care of stakeholder management towards all business domain owners.
- Robotics: Help our Robotics team to increase the visibility and efficiency of our future RPA/ML projects by using benefit tracking.
- Customer service: Doing research if it’s technically feasible to create a central document store of our customers and products to make Aegon more customer oriented. You will have a lot of contact with different senior business levels.
- SCRUM: Be part of a SCRUM team and support the development of new code and think about designing the new IT landscape.
- You are an ambitious young professional with a(n) (almost) completed university course in a Technical direction, for example Econometrics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information studies, Management of Technology, CoSEM, Physics, Industrial Design Engineering, etc.
- You have a strong affinity with IT;
- You are available starting from September;
- You have a maximum of one year relevant work experience;
- Fluency in English and Dutch;
- You earn high marks and you preferably have gained experience from side jobs (like your own start-up) or you have completed an internship abroad;
- You are proactive and occasionally somewhat unorthodox;
- You are full of ambition and you would like to develop further in an IT position and on a personal level.
What we offer
Aegon offers active attention to your personal and professional development. At Aegon, freedom and responsibility are paramount. This means that employees are given a lot of room with us to take the initiative and implement their own ideas. We believe cooperation, performance and a good atmosphere are more important than status or hierarchy. We pay a lot of attention to coaching and training. We give you the preconditions for your success.
In addition, we offer:
- A good monthly salary of gross € 2850;
- A 1,5 year contract;
- You will also receive a monthly, fixed 13th month and holiday pay in the form of a flex budget (16.7% of your monthly salary);
- 27 vacation days for a 38-hour work week (13 additional days for a 40-hour work week);
- The opportunity to take training classes or to follow study programs;
- Appropriate reimbursement of commuting expenses;
- Pension plan and a discount on Aegon products.
Do you have what it takes to join our IT Development Program at Aegon in The Hague or Leeuwarden? We look forward to receiving your resume, cover letter and your list of marks of exam report (bachelor and master’s degree) through the apply button below. We suggest to upload your list of marks together with your cover letter as the same document.
Want to know more about the program? Contact Emily van der Werff (Talent Acquisition Manager Graduate) at +31 6 83041623 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.