Do you have a passion for working with substantial amounts of numerical and graphical data? Are you eager to learn about energy trading? Does statistical, financial or operational modeling come naturally to you?
At Priogen we excel in power trading. Over the years we have honed our craft by continuously improving and expanding our in-house forecasting methodologies. We identify profitable trading opportunities by leveraging our advanced weather capabilities, thorough analysis, creativity, and a strong business sense. One of our primary activities is forecasting the outcome of the day-ahead auction where trading takes place for the delivery of electricity on the next day.
We are looking for highly motivated Trainees to join our team for an opportunity to become one of our next top Traders.
What you will do?
The Traineeship at Priogen provides you with the opportunity to explore a diverse range of aspects of energy trading, from research and development to data analysis to trading and to ultimately start actively trading in the European energy markets. The training comprises of three key learning objectives:
- Understanding all aspects of the pricing of European and Global Energy commodities.
- Learning about the trading tools and fundamentals.
- Grasping how the traders combine price forecasting with trading, so that you can operationally manage your own energy portfolio.
- Interest and passion for working in the energy sector and power trading
- Master's Degree in Econometrics, Engineering, Finance, Economics or a related discipline
- Strong numerical and analytical skills to use data to make decisions
- Team player that can communicate his/her opinion and listen to others well to propel the team forward.
- You challenge prevailing assumptions.
- Creator that can identify improvements to existing systems as well as develop new ones
- Advanced Excel, i.e. Macros, VBA, Pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to code in Python and R is a plus.
- Able to perform under pressure
- Fluent in English
What's in it for you?
- A true career! We hire to retain and want you to grow and become a superstar at Priogen.
- Colleagues who care! We have a very energetic and collaborative team.
- Interesting and challenging work! We offer roles with broad responsibilities and diverse tasks.
- Performance coaching and training aimed at strong personal development and career growth.
- Excellent benefits! Pension plan, commuting allowance, fitness subsidy, fresh fruit, juice and soda daily, social events, and more.
Does this sound like you? Then we look forward to receiving your application!
Apply now via the apply button below