The supply chain and operations are sources of strategic competitive advantage for organizations. The two disciplines are undergoing radical changes, as they meet the challenge of improving performance in a world of unprecedented complexity and opportunity and they must balance increasing needs for agility and responsiveness against driving down costs and improving cash flows. Do you want to help our clients to analyse, design and implement the right strategies and operating models to unlock the full value from these strategic assets? Then we are looking for you!
As an Advisor within the Supply Chain & Operations (SC&O) practice you work across the different domains of Planning, Procurement, Logistics and Operations (both in Manufacturing and Services), and focus on linking strategy to operational performance and the effective implementation of solutions. These challenges will allow you to develop yourself in a broad field of expertise. You work internationally with other EY practices across different competence domains to optimize the supply chains and operations of EY's (global) clients, by analyzing the client's supply chain and operations and designing and implementing appropriate and innovating solutions.
You will be asked to work in (cross-functional) teams in an international context, whilst taking on individual responsibilities. It is your responsibility to combine quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to help structure and analyze the problems of the client. You will further combine communication and commercial skills to present your recommendation to the client and you have strong interpersonal skills to implement solutions and drive change.
In this way you help clients improve the efficiency, quality and reliability of supply chain and operations processes with a major impact on business results. You will also quickly grasp new theories and concepts and apply them within a client context and you are able to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. Finally, we expect you to be an active member of the SC&O team and help in contributing to the development of all team members.
This is you
We would like to get in touch with you, if you:
- Are in the last phase of or graduated in a bèta/technical study as Econometrics, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a related study in the field of Supply Chain Management or Operations
- Were enrolled in extracurricular activities, such as membership of student-, university or sport associations
- Have a strong academic track record
- Have strong affinity with supply chain management and operations, which is reflected in your study and/or (work) experience (e.g. through a relevant internship)
- Have excellent analytical capabilities, drive, enthusiasm, conceptual thinking, communication and influencing skills
- Can demonstrate a proven ability to team effectively with diverse teams
- Have experience with tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Microsoft Visio
- Are prepared to work internationally and are fluent in Dutch and English.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development. A career with EY is not like any other with us, your competencies and your areas of interest will determine your future, plus we offer you:
- A career within a global leading consulting and audit firm, working with prominent national and global institutions
- A position with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility, and room for personal development
- Join EY to make a difference to our clients and help shape the future.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. For more information regarding this vacancy and the application procedure, please contact Imke Smulderson 06-21251226 or using the apply button.
Make your mark Apply now!
*You can only apply if you are fluent in Dutch (on a professional level).