As an intern, you will be actively involved in the Corporate Development projects, and will be based at Aegon's headquarters in the Hague, the Netherlands. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, both in the context of transaction origination and deal execution. Your activities include:
About the department
- Market scanning to identify potential changes in the competitive landscape or overall market trends
- In-depth analysis of companies (financial projections, company profiles etc.), and assessment against a set of criteria for potential qualification as M&A opportunity
- Contribute to valuation analyses, such as DCF, LBO and multiples valuation, as well as other financial modeling
- Reviewing confidential information (memorandums, financials, legal documentation)
- Communicate your findings and conclusions to the project team.
The Corporate Development team within Aegon is responsible for the execution of mergers, acquisitions, partnerships and divestments across the globe. Our goal is to deliver on Aegon's strategy, by pursuing transactions that enhance the value of our global platform, explore new distribution channels (e.g. digital) and help better connect with our customers. Currently, we have a large transaction pipeline, both buy-side and sell-side, whereas the size varies from small to large cap transactions, as well as varying in structure (e.g. majority stake, minority investments, joint ventures).