At Picnic, we’re revolutionising the way people buy groceries today with our innovative and sustainable modern milkman, app-only concept. We develop a whole new idea in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue the rapid growth without missing a beat. If you're up for the challenge of taking Picnic from North Rhine-Westphalia across the whole Germany and help scaling up the modern milkman, then make sure you talk with us!
🥜 In a nutshell
Did you know that...
- we are a Dutch company founded in 2015 and we are active in The Netherlands, Germany and France?
- we build 25+ tech products in-house and 20+ AI/ML projects like drop times optimization (read here), article demand forecast or personalization on the previously purchased articles?
- we operate with a fleet of electric vehicles (read here), build most of our supply chain in-house (read here) and do only next-day delivery that allows us to set up a sustainable supply chain model?
- we raised €600M in our Series D round of funding to further build and grow the best milkman on earth?
🎯 What you’ll do
You’ll work on a wide range of exciting projects, which, depending on your team, can include:
- Perform analyses on topics like: store assortment and products ranking, fleet analytics and capacity modelling, mathematical optimization in our warehouses
- Develop algorithms and operating procedures to spot damaged products before they leave the warehouse
- Demand forecasting: Develop forecasting models to predict future customer demand
- Onboarding program: Develop gifting and communication strategies to maximise engagement and retention of new customers
- Determine the impact of improving our planning and routing algorithms in our supply-chain systems
- . . . and many more projects!
"I'm currently improving our pricing strategy in an ever changing market. This includes analysing price differences across regions, stores and products to identify opportunities and work towards a more attractive, competitive and profitable assortment. My day mixes anything from meeting various stakeholders mostly from commercial team to deep analysis with Python, SQL, Tableau", Gertijn Kreijenbroek
⭐ About you
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Operational Research, Logistics & Supply Chain, or Business Engineering
- 0-2 years of work experience in a fast-paced environment or experience with projects involving data analytics
- Ability to explain complex analytical concepts in a comprehensible manner to various stakeholders
- Your communication skills allow you to convert abstract plans into digestible information
- You have worked with SQL and Python or are excited to learn
- Your sharp business sense and conceptual thinking abilities mean you can look beyond the obvious to come up with innovative ideas
You're still wondering if this is the right role for you and you'd like to hear more about the role? Send an email with your CV to our recruiter Lina (email@example.com) and ask her for a short call together in order to get more insights before actually applying.