Established in 2001, Theta Capital Management is a leading investor in hedge funds and blockchain venture capital. Our specialization in hedge funds and blockchain investing has equipped us with deep insights, allowing us to identify high-value strategies while navigating away from industry pitfalls. Theta’s subsidiary, Theta Fund Management, manages a range of collective investments schemes (Fund of Funds) and holds a full AIFMD license. Theta invests across the hedge fund spectrum including specialist equity, macro, relative value, alternative credit and distressed strategies. Since 2018, has built a globally market leading position in investing in early stage Blockchain Technology – which now represents half of the firm. Theta Capital saw significant growth in terms of AuM and team size over the past 5 years and we have the ambition to continue growing going forward.
As Intern at Theta you will be part of a dynamic international team, take responsibility, and have a steep learning curve. You will be given the opportunity to work on various aspects within our operation, ensuring a diverse workload and exposure to different facets of working at a leading alternative asset manager. We expect the intern to be actively contributing, take ownership of projects, and leave a lasting impact. Some aspects of the role include working with:
- Investment Team – Hedge Funds: Support the Hedge Fund team in maintaining our range of positions and explore new investments into specialized managers in quantitative, fundamental equity, credit, and distressed strategies.
- Investment Team – Blockchain Venture Capital: Support the Blockchain investment team in monitoring the underlying Venture Capital investments and their investments into blockchain technology start-ups. This includes supporting the team on performing due diligence on new investments, gaining insight into the underlying positions, and further developing our database.
- Operations: Assist with streamlining internal processes, ensuring optimal efficiency and compliance. Furthermore, support the team in database maintenance, client relations, and CRM management.
Marketing: Collaborate with the marketing team to enhance Theta Capital's digital presence and brand, from content creation to the execution of marketing campaigns. Also, contribute to event planning, especially for our annual charity event Legends4Legends.
- Independent and detail-oriented, with an entrepreneurial attitude and strong communication skills
- A relevant bachelor / master’s degree
- Affinity for Hedge Funds, Blockchain technology and Venture Capital
- Strong IT capabilities: Programming (Python), Database management, Excel, Powerpoint
- Fluent in English (mandatory), proficiency in Dutch preferred
What we offer:
- A diverse and responsible role, full ownership of projects
- Being part of a small international, diversified, skilled and motivated team
- Working for a rapidly growing company seen as a leader in its space
- Centrally located office, in the middle of Amsterdam (Museum district)
- A competitive intern package, with the opportunity to receive a fulltime job offer
Please send your CV with a motivational letter to: email@example.com
(Please note that given the high interest – you will only be contacted if we see a suitable match)
For Further information go to: www.thetacapital.com