· Master’s degree in econometrics, actuarial sciences, mathematics, physics or related studies
· Experience with programming and analysing large amounts of data using (e.g. Python)
· A high problem-solving ability and able to distinguish main and side issues
· You are enthusiastic about all the possibilities that big data offers
· Excellent communication and writing skills in Dutch and English
· You want to make an impact and contribute to a better world
· Challenging projects: you are in the lead to deliver success on great risk management projects
· A horizontal organisation where the lines are short and you can shape the strategy of the organisation
· Ample room and budget for personal development
· A fantastic working location in the heart of Amsterdam
· A great team of 60 smart, inspiring and sociable colleagues
· Above market primary and secondary employment conditions
We are looking for a Quantitative Consultant to help grow the firm. The job will require you to contribute to all phases of engagements, from origination to delivery, and participating actively in the office operations.
You will participate in various projects across our units and you will learn how to construct data solutions, which will be used for model development. Furthermore, you will learn how solutions and models are implemented in leading financial institutions in the Netherlands. In a short time you not only get to obtain in-depth experience in developing cutting edge machine learning models, you also actively work on implementing them at the clients. These models help financial institutions to detect fraudulent behaviour and consequently make the world a better place.
You will learn fast and expand your skills by teaming-up with different clients and colleagues to solve challenging puzzles across different businesses.
RiskQuest is a consulting firm specialising in developing state-of-the art models and solutions for managing financial risks, preventing money laundering and terrorist financing, and making data-driven decisions to realise a sustainable strategy.
Since we were founded in 2008, we have been able to build and maintain an impressive customer base and work for all major Dutch financial institutions, including the Dutch central bank. We focus on our three pillars; Data Science, Financial Risk Modelling and Data Foundation.
The growing team consists of 60 exceptional quants with backgrounds in mathematics, physics, and econometrics, combined with a strong commercial sense and the ability to explain complex matters to management, development, and academic audiences.
Our beautiful office is located at the Herengracht in Amsterdam. The working culture is open and informal, we value entrepreneurship, and always thrive for the highest quality. There is an intense social life with daily chess matches, ping-pong competitions, after-work drinks, and regular trips.