Do you want to kick-start your career as a data scientist? And are you passionate about data and modeling? Join our data science team!
Who are we?
We are a team of over 25 data scientists, all with a strong analytical background, working in the landscape of media analytics. Our goal is to provide the best solutions to major clients all around the globe. As a young and international team, we are continuously working on improving both our hard and soft skills, and are always on the lookout for new talent.
What is the role?
You will work in (small) teams on challenging modeling projects using a great variety of exciting analytical skills and tools. Our clients are big well-known companies from around the world operating in many markets. You help them understand the effect of their marketing efforts and what they can do to improve this. You are equipped with knowledge and expertise in the field of quantitative techniques such as econometric modeling and simulation. You will apply your developed methods and models to different challenges in the field of media & marketing, such as the allocation of advertising budgets or campaign effectiveness analysis
You comprehend complex problems quickly, are creative in finding solutions and you are results-oriented. You are part of a diverse team that consists of people with similar quantitative backgrounds, and experts from the concerning work field. Being part of Nielsen, you will be able to work with major clients from all around the globe and have access to huge amounts of data.
What will I do?
- Processing, analyzing and modeling data from various sources within a small project team working towards a client delivery
- Making decisions about data, methodology, and modeling within a project to ensure the quality of the outcomes, and discuss progress and issues with the project lead
- Contributing to technical improvements of existing solutions, as well as to the development of new analytical product offerings for (future) clients in the field of media.
What are the requirements?
- Master’s degree with an emphasis on analytics & statistics such as Econometrics, (Technical/Applied) Mathematics or a related study
- 0-3 years of experience
- Excellent understanding of statistics and econometrics modeling
- Strong technical skills, coding experience, preferably Python
- Strong communication and ideally also presentation skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of probabilistic programming or Bayesian modeling techniques is a plus
- Interested in the media landscape and quantitative marketing
- Good understanding of the English language, both verbally and in writing
- Residing in the Netherlands or willing to relocate
Why do I want to work here?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 25 days of paid leave
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Hybrid work; you choose how often you want to work from the office vs home
- Personal and professional development opportunities, regular check-ins with your personal manager, and the option of joining internal training sessions
- Access to Nielsen’s own learning platform and data science course library
- An open and international atmosphere, in terms of colleagues, clients & overall mindset
- A wide set of year-round organized social events, both team wide and office wide
- An informal office culture, with e.g. table football & table tennis, and frequently occurring drinks
- The possibility to spend 24 working hours on (local) volunteering, for instance during our Annual Nielsen volunteering day
- Opportunity to join one of Nielsen’s business resource group and focus on driving diversity, equity and inclusion
- Exposure to a large range of other Nielsen initiatives, such as our peer-to-peer recognition program, mentoring program, trivia, book clubs, virtual yoga classes, and many more!