As data analyst trainee you will learn how to sift through data and seek to identify trends. What stories do the numbers tell? What business decisions can be made based on these insights? See yourself as a consultant between the data and a business line. As a data analyst you may also create visual representations, such as dashboards, charts and graphs to better showcase what the data reveals. With this Talent Programme you will take the first step in your career as a data analyst to develop yourself personally and professionally!
• Conduct consumer/business data research and analytics;
• Extract actionable insights from large databases;
• Perform recurring and ad hoc quantitative analysis to support day-to-day decision making;
• Support reporting and analytics, such as KPIs, financial reports, and creating and improving dashboards;
• Help translate data into visualizations, metrics, and goals.
As data analyst trainee you should have a bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, econometrics or business, with an analytics focus. An advanced degree is a “nice to have,” but is not required. You must have strong skills in math, science, programming, databases, modelling, and predictive analytics.
Who are you?
• Entrepreneurial spirit, creative mind-set and capable of assessing and evaluating risks;
• Knowledge of or at least interested in technology and how this supports business improvements;
• Thrives in an international context;
• Thinks in terms of what’s possible, sees opportunities and takes a solutions-oriented approach;
• Self-starter who readily assumes responsibility;
• You have a valid EU work permit.
What’s your experience?
You must have:
• Experience working with R or Python;
• Experience working with SQL;
• A strong combination of analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and reporting skills;
• Experience visualizing and presenting data, e.g. PowerBI;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• A proactive approach, with an ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
• No more than 2 years of work experience (internships do not count as work experience), this is a graduate programme.
Nice to have:
• A basic understanding of cloud technology;
• A basic understanding of data mining techniques, emerging technologies (MapReduce, Spark, large-scale data frameworks, machine learning, neural networks);
• Familiarity with the Agile methodology.
In our Data Talent Programme we train you to be the Data Expert who matters now, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. In this programme you will receive training focused on professional and personal development. We will also continue to invest in you for the longer term and guide you on your journey within the bank. It will be a continuous "experience", in which you work together with the best people and best parties from the market, and you do your work with the latest technologies on the most modern cloud infrastructure.
What does the Data Talent Programme look like?
The ABN AMRO Data Talent Programme offers you a substantively challenging position in which you combine your work with education and training for 18 months. In the first six weeks you will start with a data bootcamp, where you will work on your hard and soft skills with your fellow trainees. Immediately afterwards, you will start at your department in a fixed position where you will work on your own activities and assignments, with the help of your manager and colleagues. Next to your work, you also participate in the personal development programme Boost Your Growth.
Please note this is not a traineeship with different rotations throughout the organisation.
Where will you start in the organisation?
For this role, you will start in one of the departments within our organization. You will do different assignments within your team and after the programme, start as a Data Analyst for your team. Wherever you end up: a lot has to be done. By joining our Data Talent Programme, you’ll be taking the first step in your personal and professional development towards becoming a data expert.
Are you interested? Apply via the button above and upload your resume and cover letter. Do not apply for more than one position within the Data Talent Programme, so choose between the Data Analyst, Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer position. We are looking for graduates with a strong motivation to work for ABN AMRO. The Data Talent Programme starts in the beginning of August 2021.
After you apply you will receive an e-mail within 10 working days to let you know if you have been selected and can move forward to the next round. The overall recruitment process includes:
1. Apply online with your CV and cover letter;
2. CV screening by recruitment;
3. Online capacity test;
4. CV screening by hiring manager;
5. Online interview and case presentation by candidate;
6. Second interview;
7. Job offer.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.