Are you passionate about data, statistics & modelling? We are looking for a Junior Quantitative Analyst to mine, analyze and extract signals from our structured and unstructured datasets to support and improve Cefetra’s decision making. You will be working closely with other quants, but also with traders, market research and risk management in our Rotterdam office.
In this role you will leverage fundamental research, internal, and external datasets to support traders with their directional and relative positioning, but also support Quant Desk’s ambitions with (systematic) trading strategies. You will actively support various departments with your quantitative skillset, improving the overall data-driven decision making within the Cefetra group. You will report to the head of the Quant Desk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expand our outright and relative price forecasting models to identify trade opportunities, but also to signal risks within the current positioning.
- Provide our traders with technical analysis and money flow analysis to improve timing and positioning.
- Leverage our (fundamental) data & models, by designing, testing, and developing (systematic) trading strategies.
- Build quantitative models to support Market Research (e.g. yield prediction, demand forecasting).
- Investigate and extract signals from our internal and external datasets to create a more data-driven decision-making environment throughout Cefetra (e.g. logistics).
- Reconcile trade confirmations & statements.
What you will bring
- Master’s degree in Finance, Econometrics, or any other quantitative degree.
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Experience with programming (preferable Python)
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Ability to express your ideas and thoughts to your colleagues clearly in English
- Competitive attitude, eager to learn, self-starter, proactive and able to work in a team.
- Passionate about working with data!
If you are interested in this vacancy, send your CV and a short motivation letter to Kim van der Meer (HR Manager) email@example.com