TNO is an independent research organisation. We believe in the joint creation of economic and social value. We focus on transitions or changes in nine social themes:
- Buildings, Infrastructure & Maritime : 'Robust constructions, sustainable use'
- The Circular Economy and the Environment: 'Directing and accelerating sustainability'
- Defence, Safety and Security: ‘We’re putting our knowledge and technology to work for safety and security’
- Energy: ‘Faster towards a sustainable energy supply'
- Healthy living: ‘Focussing on participation, not on the disease’
- Industry: ‘Innovating for employment, welfare and well-being’
- Information & Communication Technology: 'Interpreting and accelerating digital transformation'
- Strategic Analysis & Policy: 'Turning complex issues into concrete innovations'
- Traffic and Transport: 'Helping to create liveable, sustainable cities'
Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. We develop knowledge not for its own sake, but for practical application.